Aug 31, 2012

Deliverance

Something has been weighing heavily on me all week.

An impossible situation arose, with no resolution: In the busy days of the move and wrapping up the Town House, I missed an important deadline at work.

I was worried sick about it, and each day the unresolved issue continued, I felt worse. I tend to be extremely hard on myself anyway so this issue became a bigGER deal as the days passed.

I bow my head each day and pray for others but I couldn't bring myself to pray for a resolution to my problem, even when I am in need.  I couldn't sleep, and was saying wicked, hateful things to myself.

By Wednesday I had had enough! I asked for help to resolve the issue and to forgive myself for the mistake.  Almost immediately my mind felt clearer, and I doubled down and worked through everything else on my desk with a glimmer of hope that a resolution might appear.

Wednesday and Thursday passed slowly and quietly, believing whatever was meant to happen would happen, even if it turned out to be no help at all. But how I hoped otherwise!

Today arrived and when I walked in to work, the first thing out of my co-worker's mouth was, You are not going to believe this, but I just got off the phone and the situation you were beating yourself up about can be resolved: this is what you need to do right away ...

And I did, and it was, and by the grace of God it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment