Sep 6, 2012

BBTD

I have been putting it off.

My incomplete projects that sit around the house are not half restored cars or messy garages, or half renovated bathrooms, they languish online.

I began four separate blogs and photo websites which seemed completely reasonable when I had oodles of time to tend to them. Today, all but one have slipped under the radar until this morning when I accidentally clicked on one.

Oh no. All those faces and memories lit up like a cake, and have been idle and waiting for the last 2 years for updates. A casual observer might imagine the blogger's life had taken a turn for the worse and the page was abandoned, but no: I had just lost focus.

http://smallbytes.shutterfly.com/

I had to, right? I clicked on my happy place, the blog with the stories of our trip to Europe, also incomplete. We are stuck partway through England at present (I wish). It would have been so much easier to finish up when the details were fresh and new in 2010. Thank goodness for journal notes from the BestDaysEver to give it the true and proper ending it deserves.

http://bushtreks.blogspot.com/

There was one more site, a hybrid page of uplifting, lively news pulled from writings elsewhere and my own. It was intended as an antidote to the everyday gloom and doom we ingest; ala Charles Kuralt. I sure miss that guy.

I parted company with LaBellaVita and deleted her, and hope for renewed interest on the rest. Out here in the country, the BBTD (barely-better-than-dialup) is finally in and the dormer room upstairs is all set up to become a contemplative sanctuary for crafts and blogging.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment