Aug 28, 2012

Sugar Morning

This is my favorite thing to do in the mornings. I hop out of bed toddle down the hall to the window facing the front and this is what I see. (And this is who I see it with.)

 

     

Sammy and I have a routine. She waits for me to say GO before dashing out and into the fields for a morning run.  I drink some coffee, and dig my feet in the soft earth and enjoy the mild morning temps.
 
We are grateful in so many ways, to Noel and Colleen, Richard and Dee, to their guidance and vision.
 
We are humbled by the outpouring of help from our neighbors to pack and move the garage, and to our friends Jenn and Merr and the most wonderful sons in the world, all of whom made moving the house possible.
 
It's the final day at the old place. You've been a great house; we will miss you; be good going forward.  

 
Here at the farm, outside the window that looks out alongside the house, this is what is going on. 
 


Life is active and building. The electrical, and the footings for the garage should be in today.  Sam especially appreciated the big mounds of dirt to leap over this morning. She looked like a Giselle.
 
After we came inside and I wrote some of teh post, sounds came from outside, and this is what I saw. 
 
 

Someone is hard at work already!  Work, and then leaving behind the keys and garage door openers in the kitchen drawer. It's going to be a great day.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment