Feb 15, 2012

Be My Valentine, 2012

The hubs put a lot of thought into last night. Flowers on the table with not one card, but two, and a replacement pair of earrings that I had searched for online. 

After dinner, we headed to the Mondavi, the tickets also his idea.  I can't remember a time ...

Leo Kottke  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uk_VWP5dMI can surely play a guitar! His 12 string and slack key guitar songs were wonderful. We enjoyed his dry wit and self-effacing humor, and came away with a great big smile and something to hum on the way to the car.

The Mondavi is perched at the edge of the university and Hwy 113 in Davis. It is made of natural slate, granite and wood. One side is all windows and the rest is all acoustics that makes every seat in the house the right one. A HUGE women's bathroom was an amazing treat. And under the theatre seats, I discovered these cool vents that circulates fresh air during the show. !!

So in addition to seeing the performer, there is the additional sensory treat of being inside. My last time here was a Sing Along Messiah and I swear we sounded like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

What an amazing time together. Here's to my better half!

No comments:

Post a Comment