Dec 3, 2011

Am I using a different calculator?

The unemployment rates are down significantly, it was reported yesterday.

My world; my poll. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 of us were unemployed together in 2009. 

1,2,3,4,5,6 are still financially stressed out.  Two are working, but two have quit looking altogether, three are so grossly underemployed that their weekly earnings will not even cover a modicum of living expenses, and one is on disability (although not even that until the paperwork is approved).

I'm super grateful for making 3/4ths of my previous salary. My husband is super grateful to be earning 3/5ths of last week's salary. But there still is that nagging matter of figuring out how to make it work with mortgages and the cost of living sky high.

Math wasn't my major, but ...

No comments:

Post a Comment