Jul 7, 2009

Anticipation

You could say it's been one of those days. Talk had been building for a couple of weeks about a hand-in-glove job change and today was gonna be the day where I'd get the word.

Anticipation is a weird thing. Once momentum starts, it's hard to stop the voices in your head. You deserve this, it says; you've paid your dues. No one is better qualified; take stock of your talents and enjoy the ride! Nowhere does it tell you to hold up, whoa, slow down, don't count your chickens, although you really know you should.

I'd have bet my salary on the deal, and I'm not much of a better. I slide back into place at the desk with faint dusty piles of work and a top drawer that doesn't lock. The same old money jingles in my pocket.

Visualize the process. Celebrate the journey. God knows what he's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment