May 4, 2012

Be Being Been

The never-me moment arrived last night after a call from a finance guy who was explaining the short sale process, and flushing out generally what to expect, any options we have, and how it might play out.

After we rang off, tempers heated up, not at each other but at IT (the situation, the banks, the lenders, the real estate scam, take your pick).  It was all bad.  And then one thing jumps to another and before you know it we are howling at the moon about global warming and Obamacare.

Somewhere mid rant it dawned on me that this is what it must be like to be off the grid. Ignored when things are going well and ignored when things aren't. We have nothing to offer, nothing to leverage, no card to play. In fact, we're invisible.

Ashamedly, good credit is not rewarded and the sacrifices of that have no yield. Three attempted refis to manage the whole debt, and a sea of loan modification paperwork, all ignored.   The financial industry should be ashamed of themselves. I wish they were.

As I was walking up a stair, I met a man who wasn' there
He wasn't there again today, Oh how I wish he'd go away.

There's nothing to grapple with, or a way to shake off the shame of it. Oh how I miss my favorite part of speech in today's language ~ the helping verb.  Those cheerful little words make a language smile.  All you hear now is the stern silence of *no*not*never*. To heck with that noise! Let's get on with some helping verb action:
It is possible.
I am listening.
We are here.
You were responsible.
It will be alright.
We have received your request.
We will look into how to help you.
Do keep up the good work.
What you do does matter.
It has been a long road but you must keep on.
Things will improve. You can count on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment