May 16, 2012

The Artful Gushers

I am so relieved about John you have no idea. Out of surgery: check. Fairly stable: check. Beginning the recovery process: double check. Thank heavens.

I feel kind of funky today, what is wrong, what is bugging me?  It started off sour over fussing with the house. Every. single. day. It is old already, do you hear me?  The house is like an uncooperative child with long hair: everything needs messing with and fluffingand dedogged before work. Today's the day! I hum to myself as I run the sweeper and watch the clock.

What today was, was the day I left the clothes trapped in the dryer after fishing out my slacks, because there wasn't time to fold and hang it and I couldn't lay everything out on the guest room bed like I usually do. Because ... today's the day! 

Actually, today could have been the day. There was an actual buyer. In the house. Walked around. Liked it, I'm told.  But now we're contending with the artful gushers. "Oh the house is SOOO beautiful and shows so BEAUTIFULLYYYYY. I'm just SURREEEE they'll make an offer any DAYYYY. No, thank YOUUUUUUU."

Puleeeeeze.

I like some staging parts.  Like when the sun drizzles away, and we turn on the lights (on low) in the rooms facing the street, so they glow happily. It's just enough for the curious drive by'rs and night walkers on the busy street, Pssst, come check it out, you know you want to.

Like when during the day the blinds stay open not only for the sun to pour in but for people who stop and walk up the chance to peer in the windows. Isn't it nice? You should see it with a Realtor. When the hubs and I house shop, even the dog comes out of the truck on a leash, to walk the property and talk to the neighbors.  It's true: we're those kind of house buyers.

At work there were little obstacles that shouldn't have derailed the train but invariably did.  I'm not feeling well since noon and that fishy tuna fish sandwich. Time to head home and then to bed.

I am very disappointed to miss Triffin's bridal dress fitting, and the generational women all hanging out and talking it up. I tell you what, Triffin has earned every minute of her day in the sun. She is going to make the most beautiful bride.

It's wedding zone: 3 for 3 in May*June*July.  It has been great buying stuff that hopefully won't turn up in a future garage sale. I know how it builds, the day is almost here, all the hoping and waiting and planning is close.  I think we should head back to Auburn and our friends there. Maybe show them we're still holding hands and jumping off the wall together.

No comments:

Post a Comment