Mar 25, 2012

Just Sleep On It

I sometimes think the only way we recognize terror is for It to be chasing us through the woods with a bloody hatchet.

I lie in bed leisurely stretching awake, mind and body, and there are those lovely few moments when the promise of the day happily looms, before It creeps inside and tries to sap the day of vigor and enthusiasm. Sometimes the biggest challenge is getting out of bed at all, let alone facing the truth that what is happening is not happening to someone else's family. Someone else's friends.

The hairs stand up along my neck when I see the fight is over my chunk of the world. No way will I give up my dividends even as reality pushes them aside. No way, no how.

Anxiety constantly drones in my ear ...  
Why
all paths have led to the same place
where it is dark with worry
while the world turns a cold shoulder
and takes from us our plan for the future
and we have to fight over the scraps

Enough of the whys and wherefores!  In my sleep, I scream Come and try, sucker! Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment