Mar 22, 2012

Gung-Ho-Ness

I've been on a reading kick. I honestly run hot and cold on reading, although I enjoy it. I'm an action verb - noise and activity - so I tend to get lazy about it. But when the mind chatter is deafening, I turn to books in a quick succession of great reads: Half Broke Horses, Little Heathens, The Art of Racing in the Rain, The Book of Bright Ideas, and now, Merle's Door.

I've also taken 3 baths with a little spritzes of perfume in the water, and even lit a candle once as I sunk into the hot hot amniotic-like retreat. And get this: all before work.

How very odd.

The hubs and I tackle everything together. But when he's a stressball, I seek out Momma J for advice and balance. I'm pretty sure someone *important* knighted her life's cheerleader. Even as health issues creep into her life and impact it significantly, her voice is so cheerful and sweet when she tries to complain about it, that you are left with the impression that she doesn't really mind. That's because she is the gung-ho-highness.

LOL

The baths and books and candles are my way of seeking balance, so I can find my own gung-ho-ness. Here in the safety of a good read and hot water I will pass the time and improve my attitude.

I definitely go out of my way to take on others' troubles when I feel troubled, because it feels good to do that and lightens my load. I enjoy spending some of the morning in contemplation and prayer for others.

Another friend's mom passed yesterday, and beautifully slipped without pain into Heaven. It was abrupt like the snap of a whip, just a couple of days from start to finish, and the daughters are left dazed and shocked. But in talking with them later, I saw how much easier it is to let go when you have had a great lifelong relationship and watched them live an exemplary life.

Mind chatter: cut it out! I will find my version of Momma J's gung-ho-ness, so help me God.  Get it; got it; good.

No comments:

Post a Comment