Dec 14, 2011

The Great Ornament Caper of 2011

Our new puppy has been REALLY good about the tree. Maybe it wouldn't be quite as easy if the tree was real, but she hasn't touched it at all.

We have a modest but lovely tree and underneath is a treeskirt with the wooden train Mike got on his first Christmas rimming it. Sam has somehow learned that is her barrier, well at least we thought so.

On Monday morning, I was knocking around the house and Sam brought a bone over to the tree and drop it on the other side of the train right on the naughty side of the treeskirt. I got up, corrected her and gave it back.

A few minutes later, I caught her doing it again, only this time she picked up her bone really fast before I could get over there. And she gave me a look.   

One might imagine that the Motherpet would start wondering what was going on but, alas, no; instead, I got busy distracted in the kitchen doing the dishes. 

I returned to find her with a fabric ornament wedged between her paws having already chewed off the decorations and working on the leg. Worse yet, she had scoped out and gotten to the Beefeater ornament from England that was midway up the tree. I am not even going there at the thought it may have involved a bit of a jump to retrieve.

I think our man is salvagable with some bandaging and a solemn vow to say his injuries were sustained while defending the Tower.

(I guess that answers the question about whether Sam is a vegetarian.)

1 comment: