Oct 13, 2011

Down the Hatch

Post 470. Wow.

So the newest attempt to Do Something to rebuff the news of the Scale is this: Body by Vi. It's the one thing I thought I'd never do ~ a beverage to substitute a meal once or twice a day.

It was on the table when I got home last night, and so today proper is the first day of the nutritional adaptation, not wanting to bring bad karma on the attempt.  Healthier Living - Visalus Science - is supposed to help boost metabolism through a balance of vitamins and minerals, burn fat, control hunger, clean my kitchen, and wash the dog.

This morning I assembled a cup of milk, 2 scoops of powder, 1 cup of frozen fresh berries, and wahlah: an incredibly delicious 12 ounces of milkshakish numminess that I ate with a spoon. Remember when you are making a cake and have mixed the batter a hundred times and just poured it into the pan and there's some left in the bowl and you greedily lick it off the spatula? It tastes like that. With fruit.

There's all these other choices, too - health flavor mix ins if you want to try them - or supplements that target a healthy heart, circulation and complexion. But my needs are simple at this point. And anyway, I'm holding out for the apple pie flavor by combining the powder with milk, a small apple, some cinnamon and 4 ice cubes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment