Mar 6, 2011

What to Do

Well here I am sitting on the fence at a crossroads, and in the lightening round. I'm only here as a spectator, but it's bad enough even in that capacity.

Someone fairly new to me has developed a false impression of someone I love. As simple as that, decades of relationship building is dissolving away.  It resembles watching a computer virus eat through the hard drive and all you can do is stand helplessly by.

Every time I see it happen, I can never really believe that such unimportant, indefensible issues can take down something so sturdy. In the aftermath, there's no gap to widen, no hope for repair. And although it should be taken into account, it doesn't soften the blow knowing that age and mental acuity are factors. 

I know that what is in our hearts is not always on our lips but I'm reluctant to believe situations come up where each action and reaction is judged separate from the bridge you have spent a lifetime to construct. Seriously, all this (hard) hat hair for nothing.

Ok, so I don't want to believe that we can't count on anyone for sure and what is built together is transitory. I don't even want there to be words for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment