Mar 29, 2011

23,000 Twitter followers and counting...

The Bronx Zoo lost a cobra overnight. A cobra. With a Twitter account. That's a mighty big feat for a little bitty reptile without thumbs. The cobra, only months old and 3 ozs, is lost in a snake house that is closed to the public. Through a series of surprisingly witty and clever twits, she has taken a side trip into the Big Apple to explore.  

http://twitter.com/BronxZoosCobra

She now has 183,447 .. 48 .. 49 .. followers. And adding about 5 people a minute by my calculations.

Highlights thus far ...
  • I want to thank those animals from the movie "Madagascar." They were a real inspiration.
  • Want to clear up a misconception. I'm not poisonous as has been reported. I'm venomous. Super venomous, but not poisonous so don't worry.
  • What does it take to get a cab in this city?! It's cause I'm not white isn't it.
  • Holding very still in the snake exhibit at the Museum of Natural History. This is gonna be hilarious!
  • Rockefeller Plaza is amaz....wait...OMG! Tina Fey totally just walked by me! HUUUUGE FAN!
  •  Leaving Wall Street. These guys make my skin crawl.
  • Anyone know of a good vegan restaurant near Union Square?
  • Gonna listen to some Jazz tonight. You know I love some great flute work. Do they provide it or is it bring your own basket? 
  • If I recognize a single belt at Bergdorfs or Dkny...  It's a good time to visit you know: our resident mongoose is on a holiday.
  • At the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The Temple of Dendur really kicks some asp.
  • Enjoying a cupcake @magnoliabakery. This is going straight to my hips. Oh, wait. I don't have hips. Yesss!
  • Can you hear me now? Phone rings. Caller ID: Bronx Zoo. It’s the snake. Hard to hear. Lots of hissing on line.
  • On top of the Empire State Building! All the people look like little mice down there. Delicious little mice.
  •  Getting my morning coffee at the Mudtruck. Don't even talk to me until I've had my morning coffee. Seriously, don't. I'm venomous.

No comments:

Post a Comment