Feb 1, 2010

Its Now or Never

Wow, 26 days. The countdown doesn't seem too different than the committed relationship we have been in for nearly 3 years. In our previous lives, our time together represents 1/4th the length of Rman's last marriage and 1/6th of mine, although if you factor in actual together time it's probably more like 75%.

We set a short engagement purposefully because I didn't want it to become 'all that' but inevitably it did, in a good and exciting way. The only downside involves this notion of trimming down a bit beforehand.

I was kind of thinking 35 lbs at first, to get to an ideal weight. And then wouldn't you know it, Christmas dropped in, and then New Years, full of dinner parties with nummy appetizers and desserts. So in the end the goal morphed into 10 pounds a month, enough to make a decent dent in my waist.

I was all over it at first and filled the fridge with veggies and protein. Ten pounds came off in January and the last weekend I throughly enjoyed resting on my laurels. February completely snuck up on me this morning and this is crunch time and wedding month. So what do you say, body and spirit, can we do it again? Ten in 2/10?

Mr. V-8 and those giant salad bags from Costco say yea. Ms. Tennies is onboard, the squeaky ones I wear in the rain, and even the sparkle shoes and shimmer dress hidden in the guest room closet.

And so into 26 days I will pack in walks and smaller portions of healthy foods toward a healthier lifestyle. I will dodge Valentine's Day temptations and sidestep Rman's birthday and the fabulous rack of lamb from Morrison's. And on our wedding day, with bright smiles we'll be sipping on champagne and munching on appetizers knowing we'll be back to Jack at Hisui again. Can't wait.

1 comment: