Jan 3, 2010

Getting it Right

I've missed it here in thoughts I can re-read and obsess about. There has been so much going on, earth-shattering things, really good things that have pulled me away from the keyboard I love and into life.

There's the engagement for one, something I really didn't expect because those scary words kept backing up on me, words like 'who gives this woman' and 'obey', that made me never ever want to feel that way again, subservient and owned.

THIS TIME around those words/demands/rules are banished - kaput! - and so I can stay me for as long as we both shall live. That's a comfortable idea and I think this ring must catch the light even in the dark, it shines with such happiness. His face shines, too, as he talks in real time. We have a plan and a good one at that, already in motion, one piece and then another, a smile in agreement, and then another. A wedding. A life. We can hardly wait.

I seem to be lucky with finding choice parking spots and it happens over and over, even at Christmas or when its dinner hour, so I think it may actually be true: I am a parking fairie. That doesn't mean I'm not totally parking lot challenged when it comes to finding my blasted car in the lot, but give me the passenger seat and a ten minute window for errands and I will find you a choice spot even at Costco on the 3rd of July.

We've been wondering if this luck extends to love because things feel magical and wonderful and right, even after all this time together. Here we are among throngs of matchless people who are searching just as hard as we were, and we are stepping into a life we thought we'd never find. How lucky we are, really and truly, to finally get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment