Dec 15, 2009

Great

Aiyana's place is natural wood with an etched butterfy and hummingbird taking nourishment from a flower. It was ready on Thursday, something to feel again the loss we bear as it sits somewhere safe and honored. I look for her everywhere and when I find her in a sculpture from Spain I have to have it, without question. She was a gift in my life and something I will pass on.

In this season of miracles, Steven was magnificent as the lead in his church's Christmas play and Gavon sang his heart out all around town. Ava did a rootin' tootin' good job in her Christmas program, too, and Beckham laughed when we played hide and go seek. Avry wrapped her hand in mine as we dashed into the store to buy her sister roses and bread. Morgan and Jason showed me what love tasted like - home made beef stew on a cloud of fluffy mashed potatoes! And through all of it, Randy's hand stayed in mine, constant and warm.

It was on one of these December evenings that Korina looked at me the way she does when she melts my heart and said, 'How does it feel ... ?' I was at loss for words, so consumed with gratefulness for this moment, this family, this connection. I feel full beyond measure, comfortably stuffed with all of my favorites. I smiled back into her twinkling eyes and said, 'Great, honey: it feels great.'

No comments:

Post a Comment