Nov 3, 2009

Just the Same

On Friday I joined the club of those I have been holding out hope for: I became unemployed. You'd think after living life this long, I'd be accustomed to change. I was immersed with living by the bell, interacting and keeping up with routines and tasks.

What a beautiful day it is today and I wouldn't even know that if I was at work, knocking down that inbox with important things to do. I liked it there. It's fun to be kept by children who challenge and care and push and pull, whose faces and names I have finally learned to spell. Their voices are familiar on the other end of the line when they called to say hi.

How will it be now, I wonder, for me and for them, finding a foothold, a focus forward. It's not exactly how we thought it would go but we'll get there just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment