Jul 7, 2009

Habanero

As I wrapped my arms around their 25 year old son, I reminisced about holding him in my arms at age 4. His folks had gone away for the weekend and he had taken a tumble during a bike ride when I was watching he and his brother. He wrapped his legs around my waist like a Koala bear and tucked into my rib, missing the comfort of mom and any mom would do. Obviously this was the position of choice for that tender-hearted little boy.

It was nice to see them after a brief 20 years, and our lively staccato talk was filled with laughter and stories. There was no lag or loss of continuity, as if the friendship was woven together with one dimensional emails, cards and family photos now upgraded to 3D. It was glorious, vibrant, like talkies - no technicolor talkies! - astonishingly satisfying.

Come play, we rejoined: Texas! California! Oh, we will.
Thank you. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment