Jul 14, 2009

It's All Good


Have you ever noticed that the more stress takes hold, the harder it is to get done what is stressing you out in the first place? I've been told a good way to approach stress is to go outside and clench my fists for 15 seconds. If I do it longer, can I store up extra happy endorphens for later?

I tried clenching my teeth, but that stress relieving strategy seems to be restricted to hands. What about a list? It would be easy to track progress, but then again, maybe it would redouble the stress.

I'll tell you one thing: I am not on board with this It's All Good mindset. What does that mean, exactly? It's not all good!! Stress can't survive in an all-good environment. Let's see how well that Weinermobile driver is embracing the 'no worries' philosophy, shall we?

OK ... close your eyes ... breathe slowly ... count to 50.

So back to this fist clenching idea: this is seriously worth a try (read: I am desperate). Here I am outside in 70 degree weather, in the sun with a little light breeze. I can hear happy chirping sounds coming from the open field across the way.

Gee, I do feel better! Stress is just melting away. This fist clenching thing really works! I'm not sure how to force myself back inside but, hey, it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment