May 13, 2009

Feet in the Pool

I miss blogging. Like something pulling you from a comfortable sleep, it takes a while to come around to what it is that disturbed you. I've carved out some leisure reading time and already gulped down two books. House projects, here and in Elk Grove, are taking shape. I'm particularly excited about painting the house, putting up window boxes and awnings.

Family plans dominate the rest of the time.

On the horizon: two granddaughter wedding, three niece/nephew graduations, the 21st birthday for my son and my best friend's birthday. I'm tossing back what I've taken over the past couple of years, pounds-wise. (Already lost 5) There's no better diet incentive than to make plans to see friends you haven't seen in a while (thank you Jeff and Susan, Jen and Jeannette!!!).

Mother's Day was in high spirits, lots of laughter and storytelling. Work seems busier than ever, the library is taking shape (especially the teacher resource room) and I'm scurrying around doing a lot of different things that I like. Mike has a big race coming up over Memorial weekend in Sparks, NV. You should check out his blog - it's a riot: http://iwannaroc.blogspot.com/

The dove couple has two eggs in the nest under the eaves and we co-habitate nicely. Our red, white, and blue toned Beta fighting fish (Patriot) is in his 5th year and going strong. We will obviously spend more time with the grandkids, and the kids, now that summer is here. I'll just blog with the laptop propped on my knees and my feet in the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment