Mar 1, 2007

Evolution, 2/20/07


It's interesting being in the company of someone who has found his niche. Life is less of a struggle and more of a joy. I have never met someone who has synchronized what he loves with what he does. He is in a constant state of development. He knows that even the bedrock of life is evolving and we are transient witnesses. He grabs opportunities that arise because there is no reason not to.

I like that he can appreciate the subtleties of life but be bold. I like that he believes the journey is the destination and can enthusiastically explore new territory. The more he does, the more he gains. He draws from his experiences direction, insight, and mastery. He evolves.

I sit in my little home among thousands of others with manicured lawns and organized neighborhoods and I imagine what it would be like to be somewhere like that. How do you stop seeking a destination and begin seeking the journey?

He has shown that a new mindset doesn't require a new place. What an exciting thought. Whether rooted in the wilds of New Mexico or the urban sprawl of California, the journey can be as big as we make it. We map our own course.

So as soon as I'm ready, I'll hang tight to my sense of wonder as I run along little flat rocks to the other side of the stream to see what's there. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment